You will find these symbols near all safety at work instructions within this manual for work which is subject to danger the life and health of persons. All these safety at work directions have to be passed-on to all users of the machine.
Apart from the instructions given in this Instruction Manual, local universal Safety and Accident Prevention Regulations have to be observed.
1. Conveyor belt skinners, especially “open top machines”, are dangerous machines, which may only be used as directed.
2. Before starting the machine the Instruction Manual must be read and understood.
3. Only capable, instructed and competent personnel may be allowed to work on the machine.
4. The safety instructions must be explained to all persons who cannot read, or cannot understand these safety instructions by reading.
5. In order to assure safe working, operators, cleaning personnel and maintenance personnel must be allotted with the directed personal protective equipment.
6. The operator must receive the personal protective equipment and must wear it whenever working on, cleaning or maintaining the machine.
7. Streaming clothing or clothing which hangs down must not be worn while working on the machine (i.e. streaming sleeves, ties, shawls or jewellery, ++)
8. Persons, who are not of the prescribed age, must not work on the machine. Children and Juveniles must be kept away from the machine.
9. Persons, who are under the influence of alcohol, pills or drugs, must not work on or with the machine.
10. Check the compliance of the safety instructions.
11. Non instructed persons must be kept away from the machine.
12. Instructions have to be repeated regularly, at least every six months.
13. The machine must be disconnected immediately after use (push red button).
14. Before each use of the machine a security check must take place.
15. Troubles with the machine have to be eliminated immediately. The machine may have to be closed down until the correct condition of the machine is re-established.